- 1 in 4 women is a victim of domestic violence
- 3 in 4 homeless women are victims of DV
- DV victims lose a total of 8 million days of paid work each year
- 15 million children witness DV each year
- Many women have lost everything and start over with nothing, except…
shame fear worthlessness hopelessness
But, there is hope.
We believe all women should be able to live abuse-free, in healthy relationships, empowered to reach their greatest potential.
After learning of the huge unmet need for domestic violence victims to build their self-confidence to avoid returning to abusive partners, Bristol-Smith gathered experts—therapists, coaches, and trainers—to create a leadership program which she initially launched as a volunteer project with 6 participants.
These women have subsequently taken their message out to the community and have spoken to over 5,000 others in homeless shelters, schools, and other organizations.
Changing The World
Our programs provide women with the tools and skills they need to regain confidence and rebuild their lives.
Women who have confidence are empowered to find jobs, start new businesses, and create healthy abuse-free lives for their children.
- poverty and homelessness
- violence at home and in our neighborhoods
- risk of violent behavior by children in adulthood
- costs to taxpayers for medical care, law enforcement, and lost wages…
…to ultimately create healthier, safer communities.
Sign up for our newsletter